Rishworth School A Level Examination Results 2016
Students at Rishworth have achieved some outstanding results in the examinations cycle this year and have achieved the highest percentage of grades above C since 2011.
• The overall pass-rate (A-E) was 99%
• 77% of all grades were A* to C
• The average UCAS point-score per candidate was 300 – i.e the equivalent of 3 B Grades at full A Level (or the equivalent)
• 71% of students gained 240 points or more – i.e. 3 C Grades at full A Level (or the equivalent)
• 55% of students gained 300 points or more - i.e. 3 B Grades at full A Level (or the equivalent)
• 24% of students gained 360 points or more, i.e. 3 A Grades at full A Level (or the equivalent), with many students gaining far in excess of this
• The top attaining students have secured their places on highly competitive courses such as Veterinary Science at Bristol University.
The Headmaster, Alastair Gloag, comments:
‘The Rishworth Sixth Form is an eclectic and vibrant mix of students who have high academic ability alongside those who have to work harder to achieve similar results in this respect. The cohort always includes a significant number of international students who face an even greater challenge as they study and are examined at A Level in their second, and sometimes third language.
We are delighted that our students have done so well in their exams and have set new benchmarks for future years to measure up to.
The students who we have been celebrating with this morning are quite simply, positive, hard-working, lovely people who have given so much to our school community during their time here. They have taken their learning seriously and fully deserve the success that they have had in achieving places in so many great universities and organisations both within the UK and beyond, at a time when there has been so much educational change and uncertainty. We are very proud of what they have achieved and wish them all the very best for the future.
In the interests of our students’ entitlement to privacy, and in the light of the responses received in the past from parents to a school circular which asked for their views about the publication of examination results, Rishworth School has a policy of not publishing the results of individual students without their consent.
Headmaster, Rishworth School, Ripponden, W. Yorks.