Students join the Sixth Form at Rishworth with many goals: the fulfilment of their academic potential; the focus for their cultural pursuits and artistic talents; a challenge for their sporting prowess; the development of life-long friendships; a growth in character and confidence; enrichment from a diversity of views and experiences. Students will be encouraged, and have opportunities, to achieve these goals.
In the Sixth Form, Rishworth aims to offer:
- a high level of individual attention with small class sizes and individual monitoring and assessment to ensure that each student is optimising potential;
- pleasant sixth-form facilities, including a Sixth Form Centre with areas for study as well as communal areas;
- opportunities for leadership and personal development as students take on responsibilities associated with being a senior member of the School; these include the prefect system, the sixth-form council and the paired reading scheme;
- a structured programme of guidance and advice on careers and higher education;
- scope to develop sporting, musical, theatrical and community interests, as well as providing the framework to develop other individual talents;
- caring, committed, well-qualified specialist staff who actively support every student in their care;
- a number of scholarships and bursaries to sixth-form students, details of which may be obtained from the Registrar or Bursar.
"Rishworth has provided an excellent stepping stone for university."
Upper Sixth student.