The Medical Society is extremely popular.
It was set up to support students who wish to pursue a career in medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry nursing, physiotherapy and other healthcare related courses.
In addition to guest speakers events, we meet fortnightly to discuss the latest in medical science, the NHS, different University courses and how best to prepare for the UKCAT and BMAT (biomedical admissions tests).
We also endeavour to support and guide students in finding valuable volunteering and work experience, and give them opportunities within the society to develop their team working and leadership skills.
- Joining a Medical Society, shows to admission tutors, and those interviewing you that you love the field of healthcare
- Discussing UCAS application and tips for entrance exams, interviews etc.
- You will be kept up-to-date with the latest in Medicine and related fields.
- You will get opportunities to hear talks from Medical Students, Professors and also be able to go on trips to various places of Medical significance.
- You have show initiative and desire to be part of healthcare by becoming a member
Cultivating a passion for people’s chosen courses and keeping them motivated throughout the challenges of Sixth Form is something we as a society take pride in. If you’re interested in such careers, we would love for you to join us.